TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Type III CF Wing. Type III Lip. Antenna Assy. Wheels+mor
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Type III CF Wing. Type III Lip. Antenna Assy. Wheels+mor

Posted by thebrownbomber on January 06, 2011 at 11:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 1495 times.

Screen Name:thebrownbomber
Phone:301.275.3738
E-mail:thebrownbomber10@gmail.com
Research thebrownbomber's post history

Message Stillen Type III carbon fiber wing

In keeping with the show car aspect the PO was after, Stillen installed a Type III CF wing onto the car several years ago (according to the receipt). I recently removed it from my Z as I decided to change up to a wingless look. I have seen only one other Z on the internet with this wing in carbon, so I'm going to say it's on the rare side. The non-carbon wings are found on the SMZ, which we all know has the best aftermarket lines on our cars. The upper most surface is visible CF, the underside and pedestals are fiberglass. It is not perfect, but I'd give it a 9.5/10 considering when it was installed.

From Stillen.com, describing the non-carbon wing:

"Steve Millen, having been so closely involved with the development testing of the '90 model 300ZX, couldn't stop creating once the production Z hit the shores. Hand and his modeling staff have continued to develop new looks for the Z by creating different rear Wings. The GTZ I, GTZ II and the new Type III rear Wings are all manufactured using glass-reinforced plastic for superior strength and durability. They come complete with hardware and instructions. A qualified, body and paint facility will be able to provide paint matching and installation. On Turbo models, removal of the stock spoiler is required. a replacement rear lens and third brake light can be purchased from your local dealer. 2+2 300ZX's will require slight modification to the pedestals."

Stillen Installation Instructions

Vending:
$575.00+ship
$598.00+ship
Ultimate Z: $576+ship
Z1 (non-carbon): $429.00+ $30 ship

$475 OBO picked up. Would prefer not to ship but it can be done.

----------------------------------------------

ViS Invader CF hood

This hood was installed by the PO to match the wing, interior, and various other CF parts on the car. I removed it over a year ago as the stock look was more my taste. Not perfect, but easily 9/10. I did like the fact that the radiator heat very noticeably escaped out of the vent. The hood has since been wrapped up in the plastic you see in this picture:

"ViS Racing Carbon Fiber Invader Hoods are made from the finest carbon fiber available. Each one of these Invader style hoods are protected with a UV coating, that will allow the hoods to hold its high gloss finish. All these carbon fiber hoods are Grade A and above. Carbon Fiber Hoods that have a tight carbon weave, rolled edges, and one piece undersiding."

Here's a picture from when I first got the car:

$699+$30 ship
$478 + $150 ship

$250 OBO picked up. Would prefer not to ship but it can be done.

Stillen Type III Lip (with NA bumper attached)

The Stillen Type III Lip was installed by Stillen (according to the receipt) to match the wing and continue the PO's show-car look. After an accident involving a fender collision, I decided to switch to the 99 fascia with my insurance money. The collision did spider some of the paint on the bumper cover/lip, but it appears structurally intact since the fender was the part that was hit. I did not remove the bumper cover from the lip, and do not intend to as I have given the bumper cover negligible value. I don't have any pictures of it right now since it is in my garage rafters.

Stillen: $188+ship
Z1: $190+$18 ship

$120 OBO picked up

Stock Radio Antenna

I had the antenna shaved because I don't listen to the radio. The only thing wrong with this antenna would be the mast's slight cant to one side. Operates just fine. Can get picture if desired.

Z1 New assembly: $280 + ship
Z1 Used assemblies are $125 + ship + $45 for a new mast

$100 OBO + ship

Stock Wheels

I have 4 stock wheels that I replaced with 350Z Anniversary wheels. The tires will need to be replaced, and the wheels will need to be refinished as the chroming is coming off from driving in Maryland salty roads.

$200 OBO for all 4 picked up. Would prefer not to ship but it can be done.

Follow Ups
  • Type III CF Wing. Type III Lip. Antenna Assy. Wheels+mor - thebrownbomber 11:39:17 01/06/11