People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: 1990 Twin Turbo 5spd---$8000

Posted by arkansasturbo on November 02, 2010 at 7:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 334 times.

Screen Name:arkansasturbo
Phone:501-581-2345
E-mail:zpmps@yahoo.com
Research arkansasturbo's post history

Message I'm looking to sell my 1990 Z32 TT. I've owned it since mid-April 2008, I got it from a man in Round Rock, TX who lived with a Nissan Master Tech. It has a plethora of modifications from the engine and suspension to the interior and back out. When I purchased it, prior to several modifications I've done to it, it put down 345HP/354TQ at the wheels (have dynosheets to prove it). My Z is a black on black leather, 5spd.

The good/great/excellent:
I've recently spent several thousand on maintenance/upgrades. New 120k maint. kit, all 3 engine bay harnesses, hoses, etc. If you need more info on what all exactly I've done, and I'm sure you'd like to see it, email me for more.
It's a full bolt-on car save for dual intake, turbos, and larger intercooler piping.
I can provide receipts from before 2000 on virtually everything except for some oil changes. I had to remove the receipts from a folder and place them into a box--there's a lot. I will also at request provide free of charge a CD/USB containing pictures of maint/performance work done since buying the car--this will prove that I did all the work, not some gorilla at a shop. The only time I had a shop do something for me was tire installations and alignments.
Only Nissan OEM parts or name brand upgrades (think Nismo, HKS, SPL, JWT, ConceptZperformance, Z1, SpecialtyZ, Unorthodox, Stillen, Hawk, 300 Degree, Greddy, etc...the list goes on.)
Ride is tight and true, a "check-up" alignment two months ago.
No major issues.
Excellent sound system with a mixture of mid to high end components. I'm no audiophile for the record though.
I have the original titanium key.

The bad:
New accordian pipes are on order as the ones in the car have developed leaks.
New TPS is on order (car is jerky on off throttle with a "properly" set TPS)
The car does need shifter bushings as the shifter will vibrate/rattle under heavy throttle (a resting hand will silence this.) I have SPL Bronze shifter bushings to be installed.
The Z has 310,xxx miles and counting. It's a semi-daily driver as I see no point in owning a fun car without driving it. I'm a non garage queen kinda guy. I've received many comments on how tight riding the car is for it's age and mileage. I've owned the car from 287,xxx miles.
Transmission grinds at high rpm going INTO 4th gear. This is common for the Z32.
The car needs paint and some minor body work. I was more concerned with upkeep, handling, and speed with plans to have bodywork done this fall.

Engine performance wise, since I've bought it I've added an EBC, 615cc/min injectors, 58mm TBs, silicone boost hoses, overdrive H20 pulley to compliment the underdrive crank pulley, upgraded ECU chip to support the larger injectors. I think that's it engine wise... with injectors good for 600ish WHP, with turbos and dual intake you can push that envelope. No clue what it puts down exactly at this moment.

I'm selling because I'm attending a college 50 miles away from home and having "toy" like the Z is an expensive luxury/hobby that I'm going to elect to give up. I've decided that the money I'll save from not insuring it, not toying with it, not fueling it, not owning it will come in handy at some point. The recent maintenance as well as the "might as well while I'm at it" things I've done to the car have burned out my desire for wrenching, so that supports my Z selling decision. I guess I'll be a grown-up and say I need to work now, play later. The final point I need to make is that I do not have a title in hand. It's clear, but in the hands of the bank that I've borrowed money from. I spoke with a representative and she said it could take anywhere from 2-3 days to 1.5-2 weeks for title delivery. She also said that the buyer can either pay them directly and give me the excess funds, or give me all the funds I can pay them what's left on the loan. I don't blame anyone who wants to go for option #1 here. I can also have my dad front me the money to get the title, you take it immediately with you with the car, and I'll pay my dad back. I'm willing to work with the buyer on any of these options.

Another thing, I'd rather see it go to someone who doesn't live anywhere near me. I don't want to see someone else driving my Z....kinda like you wouldn't want anyone else sleeping with your girlfriend/wife/whatever. I also have some Z posters and other things I may give away with the Z. I can and will provide pictures of virtually anything and everything you could/would want to see on this car, all you have to do is email me and ask. I realize that money into a car never equals money out of a car--the price is negotiable as is most things in life. However, you will NOT be able to buy all the performance items (forget maintenance items) my Z has for anywhere near my asking price. It was a helluva deal when I bought it, even more so now I believe. So, don't lowball me, but don't be afraid to shoot me a price...after all, the worst that can happen is I say "no". :)

$8000 obo

Thanks for looking!

Travis

Follow Ups