TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1990 NA 5-spd t-tops heavily modified daily driver $3000
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: 1990 NA 5-spd t-tops heavily modified daily driver $3000

Posted by supermario680 on September 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 911 times.

Screen Name:Supermario680 (WI)
Phone:920-819-8026
E-mail:supermario680@yahoo.com
Research Supermario680 (WI)'s post history

Message Up for sale is my modded 1990 Nissan 300zx 2+2 5-spd. That has been daily driven for over a year straight with no major issues. $3,000

5-spd transmission
T-tops.
Black leather interior.
Stock alarm system and aftermarket alarm system with remote locking and arming.

Horsepower increasing mods include,

#1 - Ash-spec upgraded ecu and custom tune.
#2 - A Jim Wolf technology pop charger intake
#3 - Greg dupree (Labree) 2.5 inch full dual exhaust system with high flow catalytic converters.

Lightweight mods to let more HP make it to the wheels.

#1 - A fidanza lightweight flywheel.
#2 - An Underdrive lightweight Crank pulley.
#3 - A Z1 1-piece lightweight driveshaft.

Other misc. mods include

#1 - A RPS Max 6-puck high performance clutch,
#2 - Tokiko adjustable shocks.
#3 - Twin turbo sway bars front and rear.
#4 - SPL Stainless steel braided clutch and brake lines, to improve pedal feel.
#5 - Polyurethane rack, Sway bar, tension and differential carrier bushings.
#6 - SPL sub-frame spacers.
#7 - In-line fuel pressure gauge.
#8 - J-spec clear tail lights

The History,

I bought it about 3 years ago and fell in love with the way it looks, feels, sounds, and handles.

It does have 218k miles on the odometer, and it DID suffered from low compression, BUT I rebuilt the top end so it runs like new now.

Compression was low so I replaced the old cylinder heads with ones of an engine with one 100k on them,

Perfect compression according to the manual states it should be at 186 psi and it WAS at 60-90 psi,
after Rebuilding the Top end I tested the compression it shot up to 183 psi, which is pretty darn good. Pretty much new.

The block still has the original honing marks so I didn't replace the piston rings. But compression is good so it's not an issue.

Resurfaced the cylinder heads,
Replaced the head gaskets,
Installed a new timing belt,
New battery,
New thermostat,
New transmission, new clutch fork, new throwout bearing, and new pivot ball.
New clutch slave cylinder
New fuel line hoses
Bypassed the throttle body coolant lines and removed the EGR tubes to make plenum pulls much easier.
This takes plenum pulls from a 3-4 hour job down to a 30 minute job.
Installed new camshaft oil seals on the passenger side head.
Fixed the starting circuit so car can now be started using the key.

The car starts fine and runs fine with no major issues, And sounds AMAZING!! no exhaust leaks, no coolant or fuel leaks. Starts up just fine every time.
Its currently my daily driver. a few very small rust spots in the usual locations but nothing to major, all this car could use is a paint job because the clear coat is peeling, but it's not that bad. And minor rear quarter panel damage that has been repainted but not totally smooth.

A paint job and this car would look great.

I'm selling because I have my eye on a TT.

Many many pics and vids. just email me or txt or don't PM because I'm hardly ever on tt.net, mostly 3zc.com 902-819-8026. Mario

(txt is the fastest way to get a hold of me)

Exhaust rev video - [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWID3ie1GbI ]
Photo album - [ http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/supermario680/My%20Nissan%20300zx/ ]

I'll take you for a ride, but no test drives unless cash in hand. Thanks for looking. Located in wausau wisconsin.

Follow Ups
  • 1990 NA 5-spd t-tops heavily modified daily driver $3000 - supermario680 16:28:54 09/19/10