TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - ***** Custom Sub Boxes and Amp Covers for Sale *****
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: ***** Custom Sub Boxes and Amp Covers for Sale *****

Posted by ChrisZTT(Sacto, CA) on June 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM
  This message has been viewed 771 times.

Screen Name:ChrisZTT(Sacto, CA)
Phone:9162247521
E-mail:Chris.Touponce@comcast.net
Research ChrisZTT(Sacto, CA)'s post history

Message ............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey All,
I am selling Custom Sub Boxes and Amp Covers for the 2+0 and the 2+2. These are the original designs from ChrisZTT, not the cheap, thin walled and undersized eBay knockoffs of my design. They are covered in vinyl in almost any color of your choice or black carpet. I have many choices and can almost always match your interiors. All the pieces fit snugly all around the hatch. One of the pluses with most of these beautiful boxes is that you can still fit your t-tops in the hatch. By all means if you have any questions or want references please ask around the website, post a request. There are many, many happy owners that will give you positive responses. All the details are given below.

For shipping and packaging info refer to the bottom of the page. If you can improve upon the shipping prices by going thru your work or have connections, I encourage you to send call tags for the boxes. Thanks for looking and please contact me with any questions.

The original and by far the most popular are the version 1 box. These sub boxes are made from 3/4" MDF and completely sealed. They come with quick release connectors and are wired with 12g monster cable. They are angled towards the hatch because it acts as a natural sound amplifier. The sound is incredible and they look like they are part of your car. The approximate internal volume of these boxes is 0.8 cf. If needed they can be increased to a maximum internal size of 0.9cf. They can fit 10's or 12's with a basket depth of 7 inches.

Version 1 Sub Box for the 2+0 = $150 EACH.

These boxes are very similar top the Ver. 1 with a few changes. They have the subs mounted underneath, as the name implies. They are about 0.6 cf with a mounting depth of about 6 3/8". It is a bit tight but they sound incredible. You can only install 10's in these and the must be a somewhat shallow sub. I have tested them with the JL Audio, 10W0, 10W1v2 and the 10W3v2 and all fit and sound great. Please not that they had custom covers made that don’t come with the boxes. These were a one of set but are the only pictures I had.

Downfire Sub Box for the 2+0=$150 EACH.

The Amp Covers are also made from MDF, covered in matching vinyl and have a hand carved window in them. You can have the window in almost any color, I have 53 to choose from. They come in both transparent for those of you that wish to show of your amps or in opaque with or without a contrasting Z carved into them as seen in the pictures. Also available are laser etched Z windows in brushed aluminum, carbon fiber and diamond plate finishes. These windows are an additional charge because of the cost of the material. Also you can get them with no window with an embossed Z on top. They are ventilated and beautifully complement your sub boxes. The amp used can be no taller than 2.6" to allow clearance under the cover. Custom covers can be made to accommodate taller amps. Please enquire for details. They replace the carpet tray which in many cars is just begging to be replaced. They can also be lighted if you so choose.

Amp Cover for 2+0 = $150 EACH

These are custom sub enclosures for the convertible. As you can see in the pictures the box blends seamlessly with the surrounding area. They can be made to fit up to two 10” subs or one 12” sub. They speakers depth is recommended to be kept at a max of 4.25”. A list of compatible subs can be provided if requested. The overall box size is about 0.8cf. If you want 2 subs then of course that lowers each compartment to 0.4cf. That being said a efficient, shallow mount sub is required. Some people have requested that the box be cut for one 10” sub and two 6.5” speakers. This gives the opportunity for a true 5 channel system in your Verts. The price listed below is for a box with up to two sub cutouts. If you want any special work there is an additional charge. The pictures below are the preliminary shots. They will be updated as new ones (with subs) come in.

2+0 Verts = $180 EACH

You can get these for both sides of the hatch just like the originals I designed. Instead of being sloped down to the sides like the originals, these are sloped down to the front. Also another positive for this box is because it has such a deep opening the subs can be mounted flush with the top if you want that really stealth look. This box meets the 1 cf requirements of many of you. It will also hold a sub with a basket depth of almost 9.8" You can fit 10’s ONLY in this box. The 12’s can squeeze in but they sub comes right to the inner side edge. It is completely sealed and gives a very deep clean bass with the JL Audio sub I tested in it. Also the shape, as in the original, is not the basic squared off block, it follows the contour of the car and flows very well IMHO. These will work with the original Amp Covers.

Version 2 Sub Box for the 2+0 = $175 EACH.

These are made from ¾” MDF, completely sealed and very similar to the originals. They will it 10's ONLY, either the L5 or L7. There volume is 1.2 cf and they are very similar to the original Ver. 1 boxes except they are about 3" wider to accommodate the square sub. These pics are taken with the customer choosing to have just 1 sub box but they are available in a pair also. You can see with the amp cover the cut out on the driver side to accommodate the sub box, for a pair the amp cover would have a similar passenger side accommodation. With a pair you CAN NOT lay your t-tops down in the back, they would have to rest on one of the sub boxes. These are for those of you looking for serious thump with the Solobarics.

Solobaric Sub Box for the 2+0 = $175 EACH
Solobaric Amp Cover for the 2+0=$150 EACH.

The 2+2 boxes are different sizes internally because of ABS unit on the passenger side. The drivers side box has an internal volume of up to 0.8 cf and the passenger has an internal volume of 0.5 cf. Obviously the driver can be made to match the passenger if a pair is needed. The mounting depth for the subs is 5.5”. An Amp Cover also can be purchased with these that is basically the same as the 2+0 covers but has a higher internal height of 4.5". These boxes can handle 10's only, NO 12's or square subs, sorry.

2+2 Sub Box = $175 EACH
2+2 Amp Cover = $160 EACH

As seen in this picture the amp covers can be lighted.

Nova suede, mmmmmmmm…. Nice!

*********************************************************************************************************

ALL PRICES LISTED ARE PER SIDE OR PIECE.

SHIPPING AND PACKAGING
For shipping I now use USPS. I used to use UPS until they continually raised their rates to an unreasonable level. Shipping and handling is extra and it is whatever USPS charges me to send them from California to you. The difference in pricing between the 2+0 and 2+2’s are the overall length with the 2+2’s being longer by about 10” when packed. You are welcome to send your own call tags for UPS if you can get a better pricing on shipping.

Shipping
2+0 boxes average the following (USPS Shipping):
To West Coast-------$18-$20 each box
To Midwest----------$20-$25 each box
To East Coast--------$25-$28 each box

2+2 boxes average the following (USPS Shipping)
To West Coast-------$20-25 each box
To Midwest----------$30-35 each box
To East Coast--------$35-40 each box

Packaging
$19 each box wherever it goes.

MISC. INFO.
Please email me for any needed info @ Chris.Touponce@comcast.net or give me a call at (916) 366-7045 (home) or (916) 224-7521 (cell). Please, no calls after 7 pm as I have two sleeping kids.

Additional Options

Place orders at Chris.Touponce@comcast.net

Thanks, ChrisZTT.

Follow Ups