People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Short Block/Heads/Race Damper For Sale

Posted by Jay Shev on June 17, 2010 at 3:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 522 times.

Screen Name:Jay Gadsby
Phone:254-368-7595
E-mail:jason.l.gadsby@gmail.com
Research Jay Gadsby's post history

Message The Short Block- This was assembled by EP Racing. All machining was done in a professional race engine shop to the necessary standards. Meaning, line honed, bored, decked, deburred and all. The short block is assembled right now and ready to go. Here are the specs on the short block.

Wiseco 88mm Pistons Coated
Pauter Rods
Clevite bearings (Mains/Rods)
NA Oil squirters
ARP Main Studs
EPR High Speed Crankshaft
EPR Race Block
EPR Ported Oil Pump

The asking price of the short block as is, is $3,500. I have almost 75% of that just into the machining and such. As I said, I would rather sell it as a whole.

ATI Race Damper- This is a brand new, never installed ATI Race Damper. This is taken from Brett Dempsey's Website to give you specs on that.

"Race Damper:

PN 917755, the VG30 Race Damper is built around ATI's large diameter 6.325" inertia ring to control high-RPM harmonics (a larger/heavier inertia ring will control harmonics better at higher RPMs than a lighter one will).

* 8% overdriven AC and H2O/Alt pulleys
* 6% overdriven PS pulley
* Rated for 1000 HP engines
* Weighs 7.24 lbs (stock weighs 13.4 lbs)
* Aluminum outer/inner shell and pulleys
* Removable crankshaft hub
* Laser engraved 360° timing marks
* SFI 18.1 approved
* Black anodized finish
* Built in the USA "

I am asking $450 for this or best offer. Email or call for more.

And the heart of the build. The heads. These are highly ported heads done by a talented young man who works for the same race shop that did my machining. The bronze valve guides are custom and allow for maximum flow within the port. There are no cams with this. You can run whatever cam you like in the setup. The Ferrea 1mm over sized valves are included, as are the retainers. There has been a complete work up on these heads. Multi-angle valve job, custom valve seats, custom combustion chamber work, full port and polish on the intake and exhaust runners, exhaust runners have been coated with a material that allows for maximum flow with minimal heat soak into the heads. The combustion chamber and valve faces have been coated with a heat resistant coating as well. These are naked heads. They have only the retainers, and valves, guides and the heads them selves. The asking price for these heads is $3000. Trust me when I say that is a steal compared to what I paid. I just need this gone. Attached are some pics. If you have any more questions, please feel free to call or email. These pics do not have the valve and combustion chamber coatings in them, but they are indeed coated.

Follow Ups
  • Short Block/Heads/Race Damper For Sale - Jay Shev 15:09:41 06/17/10