People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: LS1 project car

Posted by steelz on April 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM
  This message has been viewed 532 times.

Screen Name:steelz
Phone:502-523-6113
E-mail:jeff.baumann@stld.com
Research steelz's post history

Message I purchased a fully functional LS1 Z32 car that was very nicely done, but the only upgrades it had was the LS1 and T-56. I've stripped many(but not all) of the conversion parts to convert my Z which is highly modified in too many ways to describe. I blew the turbos on my 550 RWHP VG set up and decided to go with an LS1. As the project unfolded, I ended up going with an iron block LS3 single 78mm turbo set up. (this thing's going to be a monster). Anyway, I still have the LS1(minus oil pan) and a emerald green/tan interior 93 NA roller(no engine or trans). The conversion parts I took from the car to do my car are : Transmission mount, tranny cross member, engine cross member, wiring harness, radiator/hoses, fans, AC plumbing, oil pan/piping, shifter adapter, and motor mounts. All other conversion parts are still with the car(dual fuel pumps, headers and exhaust, Megan catback, and some other stuff. Given that my project can be used as a model, the conversion parts I took can be easily reproduced. I can help with the design/information part of that. My project is about 1/2 done. This is a good point to see the guts of the project on my build. This would be an incredible help to build the project car for sale. The build has AC, wipers, cruise control, power steering, everything the original TT z had. The price is negotiable based on the parts that go with it. I'm not looking make money on this. I just want to recover what I can and make someone a good deal. In rough numbers the rolling chasis will go go for about $1000 and the LS1 motor(75 k miles) for about $2500. There are many Chevy guy doing single turbo set ups on LS1s(much lower cost than a twin) and getting 550+ to the wheels. That's on a stock motor. This swap has tons of potential for low budget HP. Even the NA LS1 has a butt ton of torque. When I drove the orignal car back from S Carolina it was breaking the tires in second gear all day long. It's a very responsive motor. This is pick up only, and (please), serious calls only. I'm a father of 5 and my time's very limited(w/two newborns on the roster). Thanks.

Follow Ups
  • LS1 project car - steelz 10:22:52 04/27/10