People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Big Rotor/Brake Kits/Caliper Brackets

Posted by Kandy Orange Z on April 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 687 times.

Screen Name:Kandy Orange Z
Phone:517-937-4769
E-mail:delsoltnr@yahoo.com
Research Kandy Orange Z's post history

Message In part with my turbo builder/owner of Turbo Concepts, we will be offering a big brake kit. The reason weve went with our own, well simply b/c after looking at the other ones out there, we dont feel safe putting them on our cars. The rotors offered in other kits arent hub centric and the brackets are cheap and flimsy material, just to name a few things.

So on to what weve come up with.
Basically its a bracket to move the caliper an inch forward to be able to use a bigger rotor. It was designed to "bolt on" with no modifications needed to the caliper. The bracket is threaded with fine threads all the way through so there wont be any worries about stripping it out. The Bracket is made of aluminum and is very very thick.

The rotors are made by Powerstop. These are not some cheap "brembo" knockoffs. They are very thick and if warped or damaged, they do have enough metal to be turned over a few times, unlike other cheap rotors. They are 12 7/8" in diameter. We didnt go with 13 inches due to the fact that at that point the caliper does have to be modded to allow the rotor full contact on the brake pads. With the 12 7/8" rotor, and the design of our brackets, you get full contact of the brake pad and DO NOT have to modify the caliper.Also, after experimenting with other rotors, we noticed a lot of different variants. Mainly the offset of the rotor. Some were far to the right and vice versa. With our Setup, the rotor is almost dead center with the middle of the caliper. We are offering the rotors drilled and slotted currently.

As for fitment..this kit fits like a glove. I wouldnt be installing it on my personal Z if i didnt feel safe with it. The rotors are hubcentric and are also the correct bolt pattern, unlike cobra rotors. Due to the movement of the caliper, this will only work with wheels 17" and up. Stock wheels will not work (I tried:( ) As for measurements, the bracket moves the caliper 1 inch forward and 3mm's toward the wheel. A hubcentric spacer/longer studs could be used if the the wheel doesnt clear.

Im sure im forgetting a few things, but i just wanted to get this out and let everyone know. We currently have 6 sets of brackets.
We will be selling the Kit which includeds 2 brackets, 2 drilled/slotted 12 7/8 inch rotors, and 2 10.9 Grade bolts, for $359 shipped. We will also sell the brackets separately for $159 shipped. If you decide on the brackets alone, you then have your own options for rotors (ie: 350z track rotors, 13" rotors etc)
These prices in my opinion are very competitive and actually cheaper than most other "kits". Im not looking to get rich of these. Just give everyone a better alternative. Last but not least, the brackets are made right here in Michigan (not china)

Follow Ups
  • Big Rotor/Brake Kits/Caliper Brackets - Kandy Orange Z 12:12:43 04/18/10