TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Stock turbos, almost brand new, immaculate condition
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Stock turbos, almost brand new, immaculate condition

Posted by Quick_Z on March 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM
  This message has been viewed 303 times.

Screen Name:Quick_Z
Phone:(918) 704-6853
E-mail:bh_741@cox.net
Research Quick_Z's post history

Message I have a pair of stock turbos with only about 5k miles on them. They were taken out to be replaced with upgrades, and for no other reason. They spooled up extremely quickly before being taken out, never smoked at all, and after being taken out, they had no excessive shaft play or anything, they still even look brand new. Both turbos come with the stock wastegate actuators also in good condition. These turbos were on a 93 twin turbo, but these are not the stock ones that came with it, these were replaced and installed right before I bought the car from its previous owner, wich is one of the reasons I bought it, and were upgraded a little while after I bought it. They have been stored inside, in a dry, warm environment ever since then.

One of the turbos has a slight scuffing / grinding damage on the forward tip of the compressor blades toward the front/face of the blades, towards the direction that you look at them, from an external metal pin (like a dremel bit shaft) that was dropped in the intake by someone, maybe the mechanic that installed them before I bought the car. The pin had got stuck somewhere in the intake lines, and I was able to find it and remove it after extensive search once I realized that something must have been in there and hit the compressor blades. The damage is VERY minor, I can send pictures upon request, it looks like the pin hit the blades maybe once, then bounced back and got stuck in the line. If you wish, you can have that one compressor wheel replaced and it'll be like new. However, the affected turbo never showed any sign of damage and spooled up and wined just normally when it was in the car, and I was able to get up to about 15-16 psi easily with my boost controller, and they produced enough power with a JWT chip and stock injectors to cause the need to upgrade the stock clutch. I was never able to tell anything was wrong with it till I removed it for upgrade. Since the damage is only at the very tip of the blades, it doesn't really affect anything, but to be safe, I would recommend having that compressor blade replaced. Other than that, the turbos do not need to be rebuilt, and can be installed with the current seals.

Anyway, I don't need them, and if anyone needs a set of good stock turbos, maybe as parts for an NA to TT rebuild, I will consider reasonable offers. Please send / email me an offer if you want them. They're from a 5-speed manual engine by the way.

Follow Ups
  • Stock turbos, almost brand new, immaculate condition - Quick_Z 11:19:03 03/22/10