People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: FS: 1990 300ZX TT Shell

Posted by Atmosfear on February 09, 2010 at 10:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 745 times.

Screen Name:Atmosfear
Phone:(360) 888-5181
E-mail:invoke81@msn.com
Research Atmosfear's post history

Message For sale: 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, 5 spd. Transmission, T-Tops, 117,000 miles. $1500.00.

Located in Lacey, WA.

VIN# available by email to serious buyers, upon request. The vehicle is not driveable and the buyer will need to arrange for transportation at the time of purchase.

Vehicle has a clean and unbranded WA title, but will need to be registered when driveable.

I will attempt to be brief regarding the history of the car. I purchased it approx. October, 2002 in Texas while serving in the military, shortly after taking ownership it was revealed to me that the car had some problems I was unaware of at the time of purchase, most of them being related to oil leaks from the turbos and various electrical problems within the engine harness. It was later trailered to WA where it was disassembled with the intention of being repaired and modified for use as a dedicated track/road racing car. The disassembly took place, unfortunately for various reasons the reassembly did not.

A compression test was done on the engine shortly after purchasing and revealed a healthy engine. The transmission would grind 3rd gear on occasion but was otherwise okay. After bringing the car to WA and taking it apart, I then moved once more and the input shaft to the transmission was damaged in the move and will need to be replaced. The replacement shaft is approx. $45 from Courtesy Nissan online.

I am selling the vehicle as a shell/parts car/project car. The car has not ran since late 2002/early 2003 and while the engine and trans is included, I make no guarantees regarding their use-ability.

The body is relatively straight, with minor scuffs/scratches etc. It has been repainted which took place prior to my ownership and there are places where the paint has flaked off. After towing it out of my garage, the rear driver side tire went flat, so that will need to be fixed as well.

The following is a list of parts that have been removed and will need to be replaced.
-turbochargers (both)
-clutch/flywheel
-ecu
-fuel pump
-radiator
-exhaust from the turbos back (turbo manifolds are included)
-seat (1)
-door panel (1)
-carpet
*this is the majority of the missing parts, but there may be some minor parts missing that I cannot think to list. I had planned to upgrade most of these with aftermarket parts which is why I no longer have them.

All sound deadening material has been removed, and the chassis has been prepped for seam welding. The majority of the interior is included but most of it is being stored in the cargo area of the car and not installed. The portions of the interior I intended to keep have (dash area) been prepped and resprayed Landau Black using SEM interior paint and dye which can be purchased from [ www.eastwood.com. ]

The Rear HICAS system has been removed and an SPL Pro HICAS delete kit has been installed and a set of SPL Pro adjustable swaybar endlinks are also included but not installed, along with a set of SPL solid aluminum differential bushings, [ www.splparts.com. ]

Also included are 3 EFI engine harnesses (the original, one purchased for spare, and a brand new one), a Jim Wolf Single "POP" charger, an OEM Factory Service Manual on CD-ROM and a printed copy in a large 3-ring binder, and all info I have regarding the car, parts for the car and how-to’s etc. found from [ www.twinturbo.net. ]

The car can be parted out selling parts individually for much more than what I am asking, and the suspension parts and new EFI harness are worth almost as much as my asking price by themselves.

I would recommend that the buyer purchase an engine/trans from a reputable Japanese Importer which would include most of the parts that are missing. The engine it currently has could then be used as a spare to build with stronger parts for higher boost/power.

I want to sell the car as whole as it is, I do not have the time or space to slowly part it out. Please do not contact me asking me to sell individual parts off of it or for trades.

Feel free to PM or email me with questions, request pictures, or to schedule a time to look at the car, my email is invoke81@msn.com.

Follow Ups
  • FS: 1990 300ZX TT Shell - Atmosfear 22:48:28 02/09/10