TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - TT Manual Transmission, 5 bolt DPs, 3" exhaust system w/cats
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: TT Manual Transmission, 5 bolt DPs, 3" exhaust system w/cats

Posted by Vert93 (MN) on January 30, 2010 at 4:04 PM
  This message has been viewed 543 times.

Screen Name:Vert93 (FL)
Phone:320-260-2738
E-mail:imd12c4info@yahoo.com
Research Vert93 (FL)'s post history

Message For sale is a 92 TT manual transmission with 77k miles. It has the typical little grind between 4th & 5th. Otherwise, it works fine. I will need the speed sensor & trans mount, so those don't go with it. $300 takes it. It weighs in @ 124 pounds, so I can UPS or FedEx ship it. Probably around $80 for shipping, depending on distance from Minnesota, but send your zip if you want a quote. Next is the exhaust system. I purchased the front part of it from TT.net member Randall Roth (Citation is his user id). The Downpipes are 5 bolt, & I would call them 2 1/2" that expand to 3". They have 3" exhaust flanges. They are stainless steel, with ceramic coating. They were purchased by Randall & he paid $1500 (yes, $1500) for them @ Balanced Performance in Sugar Hills, Ga. He didn't remember what brand they are, though, & I don't know either. I had the joints professionally re-welded in 2 or 3 places each, & they do need a little touch up welding again, where they weren't previously re-welded. One of them is splitting in the original weld on the small pipe, & the other one, about 1/2 way around the joint on the big pipe. These will be an EASY fix. I just don't have the right welder to do it, so I'd need to bring them in to get done. I need the O2 sensors, so they don't go with. The "test pipes" are 3" mandrel bent stainless steel. Randall's friend Jeff Green made the test pipes. He used to be the Nascar driver for Best Buy, car #66, but now is driving car #05 for Day Enterprises. Anyhow, he made these pipes up for Randall, and they are excellent quality. They have Random Technology high flow catalytic converters built in. These things took some serious time & effort to make. One of them has 11 welds, & the other has 8 welds, so it took about 20 seperate pieces of stainless steel to make them. Randall made 604 rwhp with the front part of this exhaust, so it obviously does flow very good. The back part of the exhaust was made up at a local muffler shop. It's nothing special, but works just fine. It's 3" aluminized steel, with standard bends. The mufflers are high flow 3" in's with dual 2 1/2" outs with 4 chrome tips, but I do not know the brand. Everything works good. No rust, or other isses other than what's mentioned above. Other than the test pipes, everything else is in one piece, so I don't think shipping is an option, unless you want me to make a cut between the test pipes & the back part of the exhaust, and you can weld it back together, or put flanges in. Then it should be small enough to ship. I don't know what to ask for the exhaust system, so I will consider offers on the exhaust system. But don't send me your offer if it's an insult, because I will just ignore your email. If you want to check out my reputation on ebay, my user id is carpartstiresetc (I currently have 100% positive feedback on ebay and a score of +845, with over 1000 items for sale. I don't sell junk!) You can email me at carpartstiresetc@gmail.com or at IMD12C4INFO@YAHOO.COM. I do accept Paypal with no extra fees. Here's some pictures: Photobucket [ http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/carpartstiresetc/012-24.jpg ] Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket [ http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/carpartstiresetc/013-26.jpg ] Photobucket

Follow Ups
  • TT Manual Transmission, 5 bolt DPs, 3" exhaust system w/cats - Vert93 (MN) 16:04:59 01/30/10