TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - HKS Front Mount Intercooler- $825 OBO!
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: HKS Front Mount Intercooler- $825 OBO!

Posted by pearlwhite94ttz on August 06, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 167 times.

Screen Name:pearlwhite94ttz
Phone:8177237064
E-mail:t3rm1n80r07@yahoo.com
Research pearlwhite94ttz's post history

Message Contact Information:
Name: Matthew P.
Cell Phone: 817 723 7064 (call or text)
Email: t3rm1n80r07 *(@)* yahoo.com

Hey all,

I have decided to sell my HKS Front Mount to go to a different setup. It is in good working condition with few bent fins. All the piping is good and the system holds pressure fine.

When it first came out, the HKS was said to be the best solution for a front mount for the high powered/larger turbo'd Z's as the cores were large and unobstructed for the most part (depending on the fascia run).

This intercooler was run for about 3 years, one of which was sitting in the parking lot at my military base since I've owned the Z due to a slew of problems. The intercooler is in fair condition, with some bent fins but overall they are straight. The coolers themselves have no oil in them and are very clean. It has been tanked to remove all grit and grime from use already, and I am contemplating getting the fins straightened before shipping to the buyer (probably will happen, I clean up all my parts before I will sell them... its just a courtesy thing I do. I hate buying dirty parts!)

Many people fear front mount intercoolers because of overheating and lack of airflow into the engine bay. I have to say in Las Vegas, I have never once had a problem with overheating. I drove cross country from Texas to Vegas in 2 days during the daytime and didnt get above halfway on my stock temperature gauge. I don't have a special cooling setup. A simple Koyo radiator with a stock clutch fan, Nismo 64*C Thermostat, and an aftermarket nose panel.

I am asking $825 + Shipping for this entire setup. The $825 includes the intercooler core, all piping, 3-ply HD couplers, and clamps. Retail for this is $2300 + Shipping.

I will be working to get some good pictures of everything and making sure I have everything together.

Offers will be entertained, but I am only interested in a trade for a TDM FMIC kit as that is ultimately what I want to end up with.

Thanks again!

Matt

Follow Ups