TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - FINAL Price Drop - Fully Built Engine - Other parts
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: FINAL Price Drop - Fully Built Engine - Other parts

Posted by Z from Japan on June 02, 2009 at 1:20 AM
  This message has been viewed 935 times.

Screen Name:Z from Japan
Phone:01181989682084
E-mail:devinnovak@hotmail.com
Research Z from Japan's post history

Message Last price drop:
Heads are $1150 obo
Bottom End is $1650 obo

I also have for sale soon: SGP solid aluminum engine and mission mounts 2seater ($150), lots of ECU's $80, ACPT heavy duty carbon fiber drive shaft 2seater $950.....

This is my final goodbye to the Z. This engine cost me over $14k. I can not use it, and it has to go. If you are not an experienced engine builder, this project is not for you.
I had this engine built ~5 year ago and never used it. The engine was unwrapped for the pictures and there is plenty of 5 year old oil on everything.

I will be selling the head as it appears in the pictures. I have some ARP studs not pictured that, if I can find them, they will be included.

The bottom rotating assembly + not pictured studs + high volume oil pump. No block included.

The head has:
280deg 9mm lift cams (ground from stock) with solid lifter profile; dual valve springs; titanium retainers; tomei solid lifters; shimmed; new valve guides; 1mm over sized valves; light port and polish; decked

*There is one issue: the shims are not exact matches for the lifters. The 300Z Tomei lifters use a small stem (saves weight = good) and require the small RB25/SR type shims. The titanium retainers have a large lip for large shims - similar to RB26 but RB26 shims are too large. I think one of the toyota shims will fit better. The shop that did the shimming said it is fine. So you can either 1) run it as is 2) replace the shims or 3) replace the retainers. If you are unfamiliar with what I am talking about, don't buy this head. The low price of this head will more than make up for anything that needs to be done to get it right.

This head is $1500 + $100 for boxing and priority shipping to anywhere in the US. ***Now $1100obo***

The bottom rotating assembly has:
OEM crank stroked 0.25", knife edged and balanced, 97mm Venolia pistons ceramic coated with teflon buttons; Titanium wrist pins (cost $600); Oliver Titanium con rods (cost $3600); OEM main and con rod bearings; high volume oil pump.
*There is one issue: Option 1: you will need to have your block re-sleeved preferably darton or another respected sleeving company, and you will need a custom headgasket made (the copper HG companies can do this), or Option 2: you will need to have a set of pistons made in the standard 87-89mm bore with the wrist pin moved to accomodate the stroked crank (probably cost about $800).

The bottom end is $2000 + $100 for boxing and priority shipping to anywhere in the US. ***Now $1600obo***

Questions? Email me at devinnovak(at)hotmail.com

Follow Ups
  • FINAL Price Drop - Fully Built Engine - Other parts - Z from Japan 01:20:10 06/02/09