TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Turbochargers - 650RWHP capable - Rapid Spool
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Turbochargers - 650RWHP capable - Rapid Spool

Posted by Ash's Z on June 01, 2009 at 11:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 630 times.

Screen Name:Ash's Z
Phone:386-555-1212
E-mail:ash@ashspecz.com
Research Ash's Z's post history

Message I have one pair of brand new custom hybrid turbochargers for sale:

In short, I call them "Tweaked Out Discos", as they are very similar to the GT2860RS "Disco Potatoes", but with several mods and a couple of variations in the design which produce significantly improved spoolup, broader powerband, and are capable of producing the full ~31psi of boost pressure that the Garrett 60mm 62-trim compressor wheel is capable of. These are not your typical shelf-stock GT2860RS, to say the least, and it has been quite the challenge to work Garrett to produce these for AshSPEC. In addition, there are a multitude of additional improvements I apply to these turbos in-house.

On to the specifics:

• 62-trim, 60mm GT28 Compressor Wheel.
  • T04B .60 A/R Compressor Housing with added "o-ring" to housing backplate to provide 100% sealing (not standard on this housing backplate).
  • 76-trim, 10-blade GT28 turbine wheel.
  • Standard T25 mounting flange with 4-bolt .63 A/R turbine housing.
  • Wastegate Port Increased to 25mm (from 20mm)
  • Housings have been port matched and casting flash cleaned up with special attention to cleaning up casting flash at the turbine housing nozzle as well as increasing nozzle impingement angle for improved spoolup.
  • T28 Bearing Housing w/wider T3 journal bearings for greater longevity.
  • 360-Degree thrust bearing group for significantly improved longevity and improved shaft dynamics.
  • Carbon Race Shaft Seals for Improved Longevity and Leak Resistance.
  • Custom machined compressor housing inlet flange desgined to more efficiently deliver incoming air to the compressor wheel.
  • Wastegate control arms have been re-positioned to achieve proper actuator rod to wastegate arm angle.
  • Garrett high-tension single port wastegate actuators

The T04B compressor housing backplate does NOT come with an oring seal from the factory as seen in a majority of other Garrett turbochargers. Why they do not include this is a mystery to me, but I have taken the steps to machine an oring seat into the backplate as well as machine the housing seat to drop the housing closer to the wheel and sinch up the compressor wheel - to - housing tolerances. Because the turbocharger incorporates both a 360-degree thrust bearing design and the wider T3 bearings, this allows the running tolerances of the parts to be much closer thus improving efficiency, response, torque, power, etc.

The inlet of the T04B compressor housing from the factory incorporates a 3" diameter "pipe" which much be machined off and a 2-bolt flange attached to allow the OEM inlet pipes to be connected. All other suppliers of the GT2860RS turbos for the Z32 simply cut this pipe off and install a 2-bolt flange. Unfortunately due to the design of the housing, taking that approach leaves a large "step" from the i.d. of the plate to the housing inlet. This will create a degree of turbulence, however, the inlet flange provided with these AshSPEC turbos incorporates a longer inlet section as part of the 2-bolt flange which provides a smooth transition into the compressor wheel.

The turbine housings have been ported at the inlet flange to match the OE gasket and the internal casting "roughness" has been removed to produce the best possible flow. Great attention to the turbine housing nozzle has been paid as casting finish in this area will have significantly more negative effect than a smoothed nozzle. The nozzle area has been cleaned up and the nozzle impingement angle has been increased a few degrees to further improve spoolup response.

The turbine housings have been custom machined to produce better running tolerances and fine-honed to optimize flow properties.

Carrying on about this and that with these turbos really means virtually nothing unless there is data to back them up. Well, these are the exact same turbochargers I personally am running on my "AshsZ-II Ultimate Street Z" build and have enjoyed many miles of incredibly fun performance from them. Here is the latest dynochart showing actual horsepower/torque numbers.

The first three runs were on pumpfuel up to a max of 20psi and the following runs were stepped up until a max of 30.5psi was produced. The most impressive aspect of these turbochargers isn't necessarily its peak HP/TQ numbers, although they are impressive themselves, but the spoolup response and bottom end power/torque. These turbos produce 1bar of boost by 3200RPM and by 4000RPM are producing 320RWHP and 430RWTQ.

These results are obviously from a car built to the hilt with all the other modifications but my car isn't the only car that has used these turbochargers. Even vehicles equipped with just the minimum of supporting modifications were producing ~475RWHP on pumpfuel and ~550RWHP on racefuel.

I have ONE set of these turbochargers built and ready to ship. Price: $2350.00 plus shipping.

Follow Ups
  • Turbochargers - 650RWHP capable - Rapid Spool - Ash's Z 11:17:12 06/01/09