TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Complete DEFI gauges, controller, display and warning light
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Complete DEFI gauges, controller, display and warning light

Posted by zbiscut on March 20, 2009 at 12:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 334 times.

Screen Name:zbiscut
Phone:501 484-3071
E-mail:jmahadocon@earthlink.net
Research zbiscut's post history

Message These three, 60mm diameter, meters are in imperial units ( Fahrenheit and pounds). They all work perfectly, and feature the famous DEFI opening preamble on start up. The lenses are all blemish and scratch free, nearly perfect, and are completely dark until power up. To operate, they MUST be connected to a Defi-Link control unit, which I am also selling. Some of the best features I used the most on the track was the upper limit warnings, that can be set for each gauge. Furthermore, the control unit will record the peak values plus 40 seconds of actual pointer positions and recall them with the press of a button. With the press of another button all the values can be re-set for the next run session. I will provide all the wires that can link all the meters and controller together. Other wires you will need to purchase so read carefully.

The Oil Temperature gauge has white numbers and red pointer. The range is from 120-300 degrees F. I will provide the temperature sensor but you will need to purchase the wire harness from the sensor to the control unit (it can purchased separately from SPL parts). Included is a stand alone outer housing and surface mount bracket. I originally paid $224 but since I do not have the wire harness with the unit I am asking $125 + shipping.

The Water Temperature gauge also has white numbers and red pointer. The range is 70-245 degrees F. Included is the water temperature sensor and wire harness (complete). Included is a stand alone outer housing and surface mount bracket. Originally, I paid $224. I will offer it for $150 + shipping for the meter and sensor.

The boost gauge has red numbers and a red pointer. The range is up to +/-28 psi. You will need to provide the sensor and wiring harness which can be purchased from SPL parts. Included is a stand alone outer housing and surface mount bracket. I originally I paid $230 for it so I am offering it for $125 + shipping.

I originally paid $119 for defi-link control unit (see photo). I will offer it at $80. Please visit the web for detail on all of these units. I will offer the entire package of all three meters + the controller unit for $440 + shipping.

Also see for sale the warning light and defi-display unit. The features that can be displayed are: Real-time digital information includes speed, oil temperature, water temperature, oil pressure, fuel pressure and exhaust temperature. The control unit can be chained together with the meters, along with the warning light (also for sale) and the warning values can trigger the warning light. The warning light has two color bright lights that can be a shift light (green) or a warning light (red) of what ever needs warned. I had the red light work as a shift light, a low oil pressure light, and a over boost light. The defi-link display retails for $269 and I am asking $180 + shipping. The light retails for $40 and I am asking $25 + shipping.

If you would like to have it all I will offer the entire package, all three meters, available sensors, all available wires, controller, defi-link display and warning light, and upper coolant hose sensor adaptor for $620, shipping included. That represents a $367 savings.

Email me if you have any questions.

Follow Ups
  • Complete DEFI gauges, controller, display and warning light - zbiscut 00:26:38 03/20/09